I am one year and a couple months post op from my right hip scope. I am doing alright and as always I have good and bad days. I feel like a broken record but here it goes.
- Off crutches
- Working almost full time
- Exercise at gym is okay
- Stationary bike is okay
- Small weight are okay
- Swimming is okay
- I can make it to the pharmacy alright
- Still in a lot of pain
- Can’t sleep or wake up through the night
- Always tired from not sleeping and from pain
- Hate leaving my house
- Hard to grocery shop
- Pain stresses me out, thinking of surgery stresses me out and my stomach hurts from stress
- Can’t do yoga, run, bike outside
- Can’t do all work activities lifting, bending
- Can’t take Penny hiking or for long walks
Since I am still in a lot of pain, my surgeon believes that I need another surgery. I either need a PAO surgery or a hip replacement. I sent my records to a surgeon in San Diego, Dr Richard Santore, to review my case and see what he says. I also saw a surgeon at Standford, Dr. Bellino, who is not sure what I should do, but agrees I do need to have another surgery.
Visit my beauty blog to see what my life is like outside of my hip.